I'm back in town! It's always good to see family.
Training away from home is always an experience -- the stares, whisperings and comments. It's kind of funny how nothing really seems to change. I still seem to attract a wide range of reactions, whether good, bad or indifferent. It used to bother me, but not any more. Some guys have a little bit of a macho attitude in the gym. When they see a girl working out, they feel as though they need to impress her by lifting heavier than they really can and grunting. What's up with that? When they see me lift just as much or even more weight than them, they're not sure what to think. It seems to knock them down a notch. It's kind of nice. One thing I don't particularly care for is that people don't put their weights away when they are finished using them. I asked someone if they were finished and if they could please put their weights way. I was told "you can handle it" and he walked away. I guess I hurt his ego.
One question I seem to get asked all the time is “how long did it take to look like that? Overnight?” No. It didn’t happen overnight. It’s years of hard work, discipline, patience, and dedication. I don’t mind at all taking the time to talk with people and educate them. I met a few people who seemed genuinely interested, and I hope I was able to make a difference in their life. Bodybuilding isn’t for everyone. It is something that I enjoy.
It was nice to get away, but better to be back home! Now, off to the gym for training and some cardio!
Take care,
Tina

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home