I've had a couple of weeks to think about what I want to do this year ... competition wise. And after speaking with people whom I respect, I've decided not to compete at the North Americans or Nationals this year and concentrate on the USAs next year. This will give me time to fill in the gaps.
I'm actually feeling better today than I did at the beginning of the week. After each competition, usually the next day or so, I begin to swell. This year that didn't happen. I was so excited. A week goes by and nothing. Another few days go by and still nothing. I was so excited. I thought it wasn't going to happen this time. Boy was I wrong. Last Sunday, I was craving Mexican food. Oh how I love Mexican food. So at lunch time I had a carne asada burrito. It was sooooo good. About four hours later, I looked down at my feet and ankles. I DIDN'T HAVE ANY ANKLES!!!!! The entire week, I had to figure out how to conceal my newly formed "elephant" legs. I wore slacks and long skirts to work. It got to a point where I had to elevate my legs at work too. I was so uncomfortable. I really hadn't eaten anything bad except for the burrito. I was still training and doing cardio, but still felt fat. It wasn't until yesterday that I finally began to feel normal or should I say not so uncomfortable. I've actually plumped up nicely.
I'm probably going to have another count-up section in a couple of months from now so you can keep track and follow along with me. Again, my goal as last time, is to add more muscle and thickness and become a "true" heavy weight. It was tough for me this time being the smallest in height and size among the other heavy weights. But, I've vowed to myself that next year I won't be the smallest.
Thanks for all your words of encouragement and support!!! I truly appreciate it.
Tina

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home