Just when I thought I couldn't shed another tear and was beginning to feel a little better over the loss of my dog Buster, I was wrong. My other dog Duchess passed away this morning. I lost 2 in less than a week. Buster, who was almost 14, wasn't ill. I was told that his body just stopped producing red blood cells ... his body was basically destroying itself. It was very sudden. So his passing was a great shock to me. Duchess on the other hand had been battling cancer for the last 15 months. When I was first told that Duchess had cancer, the doctors estimated that she would only live for a maximum of 3 months. I couldn't stand by and do nothing. So we began chemotherapy treatments. The doctors considered her to be a "miracle dog" because she outlived the odds. I consider myself pretty lucky to have had an addtional year with her. She would have been 13 in January. Buster and Duchess were the best of friends. They did everything and went everywhere together. I guess the only comfort I can find is that they are once again together. They will always have a special place in my heart.

My training has been a little off this past week, but will be back on track soon.
Thank you all for your understanding and support.
Tina

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home